Monday, October 12, 2009

Halloween Dog Costumes

Do you dress your pet up for Halloween? I do. Yes, I admit it. My dog gets dressed up for Halloween. Last year, she was a lobster. This year she will be a Ladybug. I got her outfit on clearance last year at Target for 75% off. For those of you who didn't plan ahead or think to pick one up fear not, there is still time.

1. Check discount stores like Ross Dress for Less, TJ Maxx or Tuesday Mornings. Many times they have pet items on discount. Or check infant costumes, some are designed for babies and pups.

2. Check your house for items that can double. If you have a toddler and a medium size dog. Your dog could probably fit in that 2t dress. Sure, it's not made for dogs, but as long as it's not restrictive, your dog can wear it. (I may or may not know this from experience. I also used to buy infant clothes at garage sales for my Cabbage Patch doll.)

3. Check with other pet owners. They may have old costumes or Christmas outfits that will fit your pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment