Saturday, March 21, 2009

Working the Deals for your pet

Yesterday, I was out early picking up my class registration packet. I decided that while I was out I might as well stop at Walgreens as well. After a nearly tragic run at the CVS across the street I decided that Wags would have to be better. Little did I know how true that would be. In my first guest post at Your Coupon Buddy, I talked about how you can save money buying pet toys through your Register Rewards. I did this yesterday and I wanted to share with y'all how I did it. 

Now granted there are always ways to combine your deals so that it lowers your out of pocket. I don't do this as well at Walgreens as I do with CVS. Partly I blame it on the register not displaying your entire transaction on the screen because of this I have no idea what my tax is versus how much I owe. So in the first transaction my cashier estimated I needed to spend 3 more dollars to use my $10 RR. I decided that I would do this with a clearance dog toy. A hedgehog named Booda(their spelling not mine) it was on clearance for 3.59 cents.  I spent 3.96 oop for 2 tubes of toothpaste, 2 toothbrushes, 1 floss, 1 listerine rinse, 1 listerine pocket spray, anti bacterial wipes, 1 pack of mints,  1 pack of gum and of course, Booda. My advertised savings and coupon savings was 32.40. And I earned another 7 dollars in RR. 

So I could have spent about the same oop for just booda or all of thee above. Now mind you this doesn't happen every time I walk into Wags, CVS or any other store. But, when it does my pooch is happy and entertained for several hours. 

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA! I totally laughed out loud when I read this. My dog's FAVORITE TOY is Booda...of course, two years later, I think he's just 'ooda'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Booda did not last long after he came home. I think he is now without a squeeker and missing an eye. :)

    ReplyDelete